Discover new opportunities to scale your venture.
For: Management teams of Dutch impact ventures companies with a learning mindset and a readiness to scale. Ideal size: 15-40 FTE.
Location: Amsterdam Zuidas
Duration: 6 days, 1.5 days over 4 months (March – June)
Fee: Eur 7.500 (ex VAT)
Start: September 12, 2019
Hours: Day 1 – 09:00 – 18:00, Day 2 – 09:00 – 14:00
Hardly any start-ups scale.
Only .4% of start-ups actually scale.
Most new companies either fail or stall out, never making it beyond a small to medium enterprise. Going from a start-up to a scale-up is a true phase change, which requires a fundamental shift for the CEO and the entire organization.
You as founder may be the main barrier.
As a scale-up founder and entrepreneur, do you recognize these growing pains?
- I feel like I need to clone myself in order to be a good CEO and deliver the business.
- Sales aren’t taking off as fast as expected.
- We’re acing the Netherlands, but struggling to replicate this internationally.
- Our cash runway is ending soon, how do we unlock new growth funding?
- We take great pride in our start-up culture, but are we organized for high growth?
- My team and shareholders are misaligned on growth priorities and it’s causing friction.
of our scale-ups grow more than 20% in the year after Runway.
Average venture capital portfolio growth is 10%.
Make the choice to scale.
The Venture Runway Program is an 8 day course (4 x 1.5 days) exposing ventures to opportunities to scale their business.
Your management team will be given the chance to evaluate your readiness to scale and identify concrete first steps through ScaleUpNation expert perspectives, unique experiences and peer learning opportunities.
What you get:
Only ScaleUpNation has a fully underpinned model of scaling drivers that help you to identify where and how to secure your resources for the scaling phase.
Using our proprietary tools, identify which urgent steps you need to make as a leader for your organization and business to debottleneck growth.
Step away from the day-to-day business and work together with your management team on a new creative plane.
Post-Runway program, select ventures will be invited to join the Flight program – a long term support program on the scaling drivers which can include series B and C funding opportunities.
“ScaleUpNation is THE source for leading edge thinking and tools on how to scale a business.” Bas Verhart
CEO Land Life Company
“The Runway Program gave us the opportunity to sharpen our purpose and scaling path and the coaching sessions with other scale-ups gave actionable steps to move forward”
Ritsaart van Montfrans
“A close-knit group of people with big ideas on how to change the world. We learned a lot from sharing our experiences, and supporting each other in moving our ventures forward. Tools, coaching, networking.. Amazing to be a part of it.”
Mark van Laar
“Runway has been a fantastic and inspiring journey. It helped us take a step back and reflect on our day-to- day business and scaling strategy, while learning from entrepreneurs, coaches and practitioners about how to best navigate the scaling journey that lies ahead.”
“The passion, energy, and execution by the ScaleUpNation team – excellent!” – Harm-Jan Wessels, CEO Forcare
- ScaleUpDNA Compelling vision: are investors throwing their money at you yet?
- Enterprise scaling Beachhead: how selective are you in customer development? How will you dominate your niche?
- Leadership development The Self: do you have what it takes to lead a high-growth company? Where are you credible and what do you want to learn?
Sept 12 – 13
- ScaleUpDNA Scalable model: How to make your business model even more disproportionally profitable with scale?
- Enterprise Scaling Operations: how well-versed are you in setting targets, creating processes and pushing your team to great performance?
- Leadership Build-up: how well can your leadership team act as multipliers in this growth phase?
Oct 10 – 11
- ScaleUpDNA Delighted customers: how are you moving to mainstream market adoption and into international markets?
- Enterprise Scaling Organization: do you have a start-up or scale-up culture? How do you consolidate working practices?
- Leadership Flow: does top talent come knocking on your door yet? Is your team engaged and thriving? How to scale your hiring, on-boarding, and learning?
Nov 14 – 15
- ScaleUpDNA Competitive edge: innovate or die. How will you expand your portfolio and remain ahead of competition?
- Enterprise scaling Strategic renewal: What smart bets will you take to unlock growth? What are the best opportunities to double-down on?
- Leadership Galvanize: how do you help your team deal with setback and learn from failure? How do you ensure good shareholder governance?
Dec 12 – 13
Menno van Dijk
Leadership, Team and Culture
Learning Velocity and AI
Hiring and Onboarding
- You are a management team of 2-4 of a NL-based scaling venture with a product on the market and initial revenues.
- The group is individually put together through a selection process to ensure that you experience the most impactful learning. Participation is therefore determined by application.
The fee for the Runway Program is 7.500 EUR, exclusive VAT. Fee includes:
- 4 x 1.5 full days of training
- All materials, meals and refreshment
- Access to the ScaleUpNation community of investors, advisors, researchers and ventures
The past 2,5 years, we have worked with +100 ventures, helping them to scale and building a close-knitted scaling community that spans leading Dutch VCs and investors, serial entrepreneurs and service providers to guide your growth.