You have a product that is live and kicking, increasing revenues, and a growing team… But now the going really gets though. Our research shows that 50% of all ventures founded survive. But from those that survive, only 0.4% of all companies will actually scale. We call this the “second valley of death”. In this stage, as your venture grows, so do the challenges and leadership requirements.
Surviving the second valley of death transition requires the venture leadership to develop specific competencies. We help you develop the leadership competencies needed to scale, and lay the best foundations (on growth strategy, operational and execution) for growth.
We Help you to Scale
Today’s great social challenges offer great opportunities for innovative enterprise. But only those that scale will truly move the needle. We work with companies that combine big ambitions (getting to EUR 50-100 mln in revenues) with great social/environmental benefits.
- Our Practice supports ventures through support programs (6-day Runway, 3-year Flight) and our Founder’s Community.
- Our Lab develops data-driven scaling research and tools.
- Our Fund offers growth financing to ventures in our programs.
Our unique ScaleUpDrivers were developed through collaboration with and research of hundreds of entrepreneurs and their enterprises.
To achieve rapid revenue growth you need to combine ambitious growth targets with strategic bets, operational excellence and a culture that empowers your team
The Science Runway Program
In Science Runway, we help the most promising university spin-offs and incubator graduates to tackle the second valley of death – the transition that determines whether you will stall, or grow to significant size
- We focus on entrepreneurs looking to scale their business and leadership effectiveness
- Participation is on invite-only and gives access to our community, flight program, and fund.
- Selection is based on growth potential, entrepreneurial experience, and track record (> €250K revenues).
Scaling Competency Development
covering strategy, operations, and organizational practices
To become more effective as a scale-up CEO in managing the business and growing team.
Individual Deep Dives
To tackle your growth challenges and a scaling strategy to guide growth over the next 12 months.
Join a master forum of scale-up entrepreneurs and discover best practices and unique innovation approaches from your peers.
Are you ready to scale?
- Use business model reframing to determine if you enterprise is truly designed to scale
- Personal scale-up leadership assessment and coaching to define your learning edges
Dynamic Strategy and Internationalization
- Determine international market priorities and scaling strategies most relevant to your business/industry
- 1:1 scaling deep dives with experts and other entrepreneurs in your market/industry
Oct 18 – 19
Operational Excellence and Crossing the Chasm
- Remove bottlenecks and standardize sales, marketing, customer onboarding and production, enabling you to ramp up quickly and focus on business building. Move from your niche to mainstream market adoption
- Become more effective in decision-making, communication and leading others as a management team
Building an Empowered Organization and Good Governance
- Create a culture and management system designed for high-growth with the right processes, metrics and rhythm
- Learn to work with your stakeholders and investors to spur growth in the face of risk, uncertainty, growth and innovation
Nov 29 – 30
Are you a founder that
- Leads a technology-driven company
- with product-market fit
- and more than €250K revenues
that aspires to have major, international impact?
Please reach out to email@example.com for more information about a the fee. We accept venture duo teams (founders/management team members).
Get in touch for sponsorship options. We have a specific arrangement for the first Runway Science Class, promoted by the Dutch Centers of Entrepreneurship.
Interested? Please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
The ScaleUpNation Experience
The past 2,5 years, we have worked with +75 ventures, improved our programs and built a close-knitted scaling community that spans leading Dutch VC’’s and investors, serial entrepreneurs and service providers to guide your growth.
Principles of Engagement
Scaling a venture is hard, complex, explorative, and experimental. Scale-up masters are experienced practitioners as well as lifelong learners. Our programs are designed to meet their needs, delivering:
- International best-in-class faculty (in strategy, practice, and coaching)
- Proprietary research-based insights
- Master-level programming
- Serious leadership development
- Action and peer-to-peer learning, no lectures
Land Life Company CEO
“The Runway Program gave us the opportunity to sharpen our purpose and scaling path and the coaching sessions with other scale-ups gave actionable steps to move forward”
The Social Medwork CEO
“ScaleUpNation’s Runway Program teaches you to rapidly accelerate and scale your business. Whilst following the program, our revenues tripled. Need I say more?”
Mark van Laar
“Runway has been a fantastic and inspiring journey. It helped us take a step back and reflect on our day-to- day business and scaling strategy, while learning from entrepreneurs, coaches and practitioners about how to best navigate the scaling journey that lies ahead.”