Recruit the best scale-ups for our programs!
ScaleUpNation supports innovative European scale-ups on their growth journey. We focus on enterprises in the Food & Agri, Circular Economy and Renewable Energy sectors that really punch beyond their weight: impact scale-ups. These are innovative, for-profit businesses that have disproportionate potential to change the world for the better, add new employment and create economic value.
Our programs – ScaleUpFood, ScaleUpCircular, and ScaleUpBoard, address scaling success factors specific to sectors, and engage top corporates and innovative mid-caps for collaboration and peer-learning. After graduating, qualified ventures are selected and invited for longer term tailored support and collaboration in our customized partnership programs. Our programs are based on ongoing fact-based research to uncover the scaling success factors of global impact-oriented ventures.
This is a dynamic and externally oriented role. As Sales Representative, you are ScaleUpNation’s connector; building and maintaining strong relationships with founders, entrepreneurs, our ever-growing network of scaling experts, and key players in the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
ScaleUpNation aims to be the platform for impact scale-ups. Your role is to scout the most interesting ventures, build a relationship with them, and sell the program. Thereby you help build the community. The mission for this position is to be a crucial part of our venture recruitment and sales. You will report to the Sales Lead.
- Contact scale-ups via all channels (email, phone, Linkedin, including cold calling)
- Write and submit proposals to potential customers
- Follow up on proposals in a structured and disciplined manner
- Address customer fears, uncertainties and doubts and convert them to signing up
- Maintain customer data in our CRM system (HubSpot)
- Work closely with the marketing team to help them design and execute marketing and lead generation campaigns
- Venture Scouting– Systematically review scale-ups in and outside of our programs, assess industry/technology trends, with the aim of creating a number of market maps and inform our venture selection. This will involve forging partnerships with major European VC’s, incubators and accelerators. You will also interview scale-ups, investors and experts in the field to identify top scale-ups.
- Venture Recruitment (Sales) – Your main responsibility is to convert the selected ventures into participants: sell the programs and ensure sign-ups. You’ll work along a structured scouting, selection and sales process. You’ll maintain relationships with founders/CEO’s who will become part or the ScaleUpCommunity.
- Venture Selection – You’ll work with our program team on selection. This includes preparation and participation in marketing and business development meetings, program selection meetings, and facilitating scaling diagnostics (the ScaleUpScan), to help shape the support we offer.
- Based in the Netherlands
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. What you’ve studied matters less than your intellectual curiosity, ability to think critically and objectively, and quickly come to grasp new business concepts and ways of thinking
- A solid understanding of core business and financial concepts, at the level of an MBA
- 2 to 3 years of professional experience in sales or a business development role working at an entrepreneurial venture, scale-up, or a SaaS product (big plus) in a fast pacing environment
- A track record of successfully converting B2B prospects into customers and achieving quarterly sales targets
- Affinity with technology, innovation and enterprise scaling
- Available for 32 hours per week, partly at the shared office in Amsterdam
- Ruthlessly customer-oriented – you ask yourself ‘How can ScaleUpNation and I best serve our portfolio of high-impact scale-ups and help them grow?
- Proactive self-starter comfortable defending your ideas and solving problems independently
- Distinct commercial talent and the quality to win people over
- Demonstrable passion for Social Impact entrepreneurship
- Knowledge of innovation in scale-up /start-up world
- Ability to connect and bond with management of scale-ups
- Goal oriented, innovating and persistent in sales and recruitment
- Aware of your responsibilities and you’re able to oversee quickly with your helicopter view
- Excellent communicator: good with people and able to shape narratives and propositions for a diverse range of audiences
- Fluent in English and preferably 1-2 additional European languages
- Base salary of €2.600-2.900 gross per month (fulltime)
- A bonus of max. a gross month’s salary quarterly on your sales
- Contract for 12 months with option for extension
- Contract for 80% (32 hours per week)
- Pension plan fully paid for by employer
- Great opportunity to learn and meet new people
- Inspiring environment
- Part of an A-team
Working at ScaleUpNation means
- A rapid learning curve, with lots of responsibilities and freedom/flexibility to achieving your goals (i.e. no micro-management).
- A team of ambitious and result-driven people that share a drive to create positive impact.
- Full access to internal training sessions, scaling programs and community events, learning about enterprise scaling, leading growing teams and building relationships with the founders we support.
We would like our new Sales Representative to start as soon as possible, and preferably before the start of Q3. The procedure consists of two rounds of interviews. Applications with motivation, CV and verifiable references should be sent to email@example.com and received by 6 June 2021. The first round of interviews will be on 10 or 11 June and the second round is on 14 June 2021.
For substantive questions you can contact Kimberly Ofori (Business Development Lead) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.