Do you want to be part of a growing business development team?
We believe social challenges are entrepreneurial opportunities. There are many businesses, but only very few are able to scale, and only those that scale are able to move the needle in terms of impact and value creation. These insights drive ScaleUpNation to support the scaling of young, innovative ventures with potential for large societal impact.
ScaleUpNation was founded 4 years ago with partners McKinsey and Company, THNK School for Creative Leadership and the EU Regional Development Fund. With research based on thousands of scale-ups, an in- house development team and network of experts, we have worked intensively with over 100 ventures. Today, ScaleUpNation is also innovating tools and services that help ventures to scale and help cities and countries to become impact scale-up regions.
During this internship you will work with guidance from the Business Development team, and cross- functionally collaborate to support the research team. Your tasks will primarily focus on participating in systematic market research and business development activities with the team. Your role includes:
- Identifying innovative ventures, evaluating promising ones that have the potential to grow in the Netherlands, Europe and beyond
- Joining prospective customer conversation, to deepen our understanding of customer needs
- Collecting data to gain insight into the scale-up landscape in the Netherlands and other markets, in order to inform our business development decisions
- Maintain our database with the valuable data we have on scale-ups
- Based in the Netherlands
- A Bachelor or Masters student, ideally in Business Studies
- Self-motivated and responsible, with a curious and an analytical mind
- Genuinely excited about innovation, impact and helping start-up companies grow into scale-ups
- Experienced with Excel and data analysis
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Able to work from our office in the coworking space in Amsterdam, for 1-2 days a week
- A full-time internship for 3 – 6 months
- A great opportunity to learn about innovative, impact-driven companies, and the art of scaling
- Part of an international team of entrepreneurial colleagues– who have previous founded companies
- An inspiring environment, including office space and membership in a beautiful co-working space in Amsterdam
- We provide a dynamic environment focused on personal growth, and great opportunities to learn and meet new people. You will be part of an A-team.
- We provide an intern stipend of € 400 p/m based on full-time employment.
For substantive questions please contact Athmica Subbaiah (Business Development) on 06 – 16 72 53 87. To apply please send your motivation letter and a recent CV to Athmica at email@example.com by June 4th, 2021. Interviews will be held in the following week to start immediately after.