About this role/responsibilities
From September to December (4 months), our ScaleUpPractice team has an internship opportunity for an ambitious student that is excited about hospitality, operations and entrepreneurship!
You will have two main projects:
1. The Runway Program: The Runway program is a peer-based learning class where the founders of 15 ventures come together to learn how to scale their businesses. The Runway classes meet once a month for four months. ScaleUpNation will be running three Runway Classes in the fall: one for triple-bottom line ventures, one for science ventures out of universities, and one for corporate intrapreneurial ventures.
2. The Board Masterclass: This class is for people who are already board members of scale-ups and looking to increase their impact with their ventures. ScaleUpNation will be running two Board Masterclasses in the fall, each consisting of 5 full days of interactive workshops with 30 board members.
This person will be working with the Operations Lead to ensure that all five (three Runways and two Board Masterclasses) of these programs run smoothly. Responsibilities include ensuring participants and greeted and feel welcome, catering runs smoothly, class materials are always ready, facilitators are prepared, and whatever else needs to happen to make these programs a success.
This internship is a well-structured learning opportunity during which we will support you to work on your professional development. You will have the chance to be part of our international, dynamic, and smart team and take on responsibilities that will provide you with insight into our young organization. You will also get great exposure to our community of entrepreneurs.
You will work from our office at Tripolis, Burgerweeshuispad 100, 1076 Amsterdam. This can be a 4 or 5 day a week role. A compensation for the internship can be discussed.
Are you …
- Service oriented (experience in hospitality is an advantage)?
- A young and ambitious student in the fields of Hospitality, Communication, Organization,Event or Business management?
- A great communicator, a team player, and a self-starter?
- Flexible and reliable?
- Fluent in English?
- 80-100 percent available from August 2018 to mid- or the end of December 2018Apply now
To apply, please send a cover letter and a recent CV to Nina Kotterik, program manager (email@example.com) by Friday August 17. Interviews will be held on 21/ 22 August. The ideal start date is the first week of September.