About this role/responsibilities
The mission for this position is to help select the best scale-ups in the Netherlands into our Runway and Flight Programs and track their growth. You will be involved in:
- Venture Sourcing – You will systematically review Dutch start-ups and scale-ups, assess industry/technology trends, with the aim of creating a number of market maps and inform our venture selection. You will also interview scale-ups, investors and experts in the field to identify top scale-ups.
- Venture Tracking – You will work as part of our Venture Tracking Team to conduct interviews with our scale-up founders about their scaling plans, progress and growing pains. You will also be responsible for subsequent data analysis, synthesis and venture benchmarking.
- Venture Selection – Work with our Analyst and Program Director on Flight Program selection. This includes preparing Flight Selection meetings, and conducting scaling audits (due diligence process), and shape the support we offer.You will work as part of our Practice team, which includes another Venture Analyst, Customer Champion, Program Director, our Program Managers, our awesome Content Development Team, Community Director and Founder/CEO. You will also work closely with our Venture Partners and Leadership Coaches, and spend a lot of face-to-face time with our scale-ups.
- Proactive, self-starter.
- Strong analytical mind, intellectual curiosity.
- Good with numbers and analytics.
- Excellent communicator. Good with people.
- Street smart. You know how to talk to entrepreneurs and get to the truth of the matter.
- You manage projects in a timely manner and deliver on agreed milestones.
- Fluent in English.
- Positive can-do mentality.
- Good teammate. Fast learner.
- University degree in Finance, Economics, BA or related.
- 1 to 5 years working experience in finance, VC, management consulting or equivalent (a big plus).
- You love technology, enterprise scaling and innovation.
- You are available 4 to 5 days a week.
What we offer
- Lots of responsibilities and a fast learning curve.
- A driven and international team of really great people.
- Full access to our scaling programs.
- Access to our founder’s community, representing awesome Dutch scale-ups with solutions thatbenefit the Circular Economy, Health and SmartCities.
- Shared offices in our ScaleUpDistrict, with great people, scale-ups and coffee.
- Competitive salary.
To apply, please send a cover note and a recent resume to Laurie Kemp, our Venture Analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 22nd. Interviews will be held on June 28th and 29th and the ideal start date is ASAP.